All-Party Parliamentary Group Malaysia on the Sustainable Development Goals (APPGM-SDG)
APPGM-SDG is a bipartisan initiative driven to implement the SDGs in the Parliamentary constituencies. The SDGs are implemented through the analysis of issues and solutions, policy research, facilitating multi-stakeholder partnerships, including raising awareness and building capacity at the local level.
Our team is made up of parliamentarians, academics, solution providers, and civil society activists.
“leaving no one behind” BY LOCALIZING Sustainable Development Goals
The work of the APPGM SDG is progressing well since 2020 and for 2023 we have many new opportunities for localizing SDGs in Malaysian society.
We have good teamwork among the Members of Parliament from both sides of the divide. We all share some common interest concerning people at the constituency level. We also recognize that many unresolved issues impact ordinary people including the devastation of both Covid and now more recently the floods. These have had an impact on the economy, the environment, and the emotional well-being of all the different communities.
Localising SDGs is our key agenda
Showcase the bi-partisan collaboration among the members of Parliament
Work with MPs on bringing to public attention the SDG policy concerns
Work with the grassroots especially solution providers on providing local solutions
Establish SDG living labs
Establish district level multi-stakeholder working groups
Strengthen the human rights and justice aspects of SDGs
Ensure greater visibility for mySDG Academy
Securing the UN accreditation on being in consultative status with ECOSOC
Undertake a midterm review of the SDGs & provide feedback national & global
YB Puan Munirah Majilis
CHAIR OF APPGM-SDG
YB Dato’ Saifuddin Abdullah
Deputy chair of appgm-sdg
prof Datuk Dr. Denison Jayasooria
HEAD OF Secretariat OF APPGM-SDG
Publication and reports
REPORT, JOURNAL AND PUBLICATION
- APPGM-SDG 2020 Annual Report
- APPGM-SDG 2021 Annual Report
- LOCALIZING SDGS: OBSERVATIONS FROM THE ALL-PARTY PARLIAMENTARY GROUP ON SDGS
- APPGM-SDG WORKING GROUP REPORT CIVIL SOCIETY INSIGHTS ON COUNTRY PROGRESS
- RM30 MILLION SET ASIDE TO INCREASE ACTIVITIES THAT SUPPORT SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS (SDGS)
- SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS CENTRE IN THE WORKS, SAYS PM ISMAIL SABRI
- GOVT TO SET UP NATIONAL CENTRE TO EMPOWER SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS PROGRAMMES, SAYS PM ISMAIL SABRI
- GENDER EQUAL NATIONALITY LAWS ESSENTIAL TO ACHIEVING SDGS
- Hybrid Pre-HLPF Event: Global Sharing of Best Practices
- THE MALAYSIAN YOUTH SDG SUMMIT 2022
- APPGM - SDG TRAINING
- Constituency-Based Community Engagement Programme APPGM-SDG
up coming events
Equip to Serve, Connect to Make Change
Drop us an email, start the engagement.
Malaysian CSO SDG Alliance
A-1-10, Blok A, Pusat Perniagaan Seksyen 8, Jalan Sg. Jernih 8/1, Sekysen 8, 46050, Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
Email: email@example.com Mobile: +016-331 6358
© 2022 All rights reserved by APPGM-SDG